Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad



My dad is 62 years old today! This year is a wonderful year for him, because all of that hard work has paid off! This is the year he gets to retire, officially!

My dad was born in Los Angeles, California on March 24, 1946. His proud parents were Dr. Denny Hicksford Mansell Jr. and Merel Irene Lundgren. He has 5 siblings living and 2 deceased. He graduated from Quincy High School in 1963. He married my mom, Jenifer Lyn Fordyce, on August 28, 1964. Together they have 7 beautiful children and 19 grandchildren. My dad loves to fly. In fact, he is a certified flight instructor. My dad can build houses, he can fix cars, he loves to go fishing (especially with my Uncle Walt), and he has his Master's Degree in Aviation Administration. He loves to eat at the Outback Steakhouse with my mom, he never gets tired of his Oldies music (I am even hooked), he dreams of owning his very own airplane, and he loves to hold and play with the grand babies!

The one thing I love most about my dad is his unselfishness. He has worked so hard through the years providing for his children just so we could have a wonderful life. My life is truly wonderful and I thank him.

1 comment:

C and T Orvin said...

Love the new blog! The pictures are great... looks like everyone had a wonderful Spring Break. Missed you today... - Tiff