Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jimmy Johns

Matt and I were on a road trip many years back. We were heading from Salt Lake City to San Diego when we needed to gas our car in St. George, UT. Right next to the gas station is this sandwich shop called Jimmy John's. Ever since this trip, Matt has been hooked on the Garganchuan, which is a loaded meat-lover's sandwich. Since then, the few road trips we have taken from Arizona to Salt Lake haven't led us through St. George, and Matt has missed his little sandwich shop.


However, the other day, Matt left on a business trip to RTP, South Carolina and discovered another ... Jimmy John's. Could it be?! What are the chances that he would fly across the whole country -- only to find himself running into this little sandwich shop he's loved so much? Well, as they say at Disneyland, dreams come true, and Matt's proof. I think he'll be back since it's easier to catch a flight to the east coast than it is to take a Jimmy John's road trip to St. George.
PS: I wonder if they deliver overnight packages to Phoenix. Now, wouldn't that be a dream to dream?!

5 comments:

nbingham said...

Shari- Thanks so much for your talk at the retreat. I really appreciated it. So many times I feel like I am not doing enough and that the Lord may have forgotten me but its was so nice to hear your words and be uplifted again. Thanks alot-
Natalie

Jennifer said...

Fun post! The kids and I sure have fun reading all of the family blogs. It is a great way to keep up on everyone’s lives. However, your blog is the only one I have on my blogroll that does not update. You may need to enable your site feed. In SETTING under SITE FEED select either SHORT or LONG blog feed. This will allow your posts to automatically update within the new ‘blog list’ feature.

The blogging Bakers said...

Shari- I have not checked your blog lately because it does not update on my blog roll, anyway I have eaten at Jimmy Johns they had them in Indiana and they are good sandwiches, I don't know about the best but they are good. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma she sounds like an amazing woman. Hope you guys are doing well. Hope to see you soon.

The blogging Bakers said...

Hey Shari-I am tagging you, check out my blog to see the directions when you get the chance

C and T Orvin said...

glad to hear that Matt got to eat at JJ! He is one picky little eater so when he finds something he likes you just want to jump for joy for him...heeheee!!!
How was Susie's meet? I didn't get to talk to you today. Great camping wasn't it?!