Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Out of Africa

Matt decided that we needed to escape over Labor day weekend to visit "Out Of Africa" and I couldn't have agreed more. We drove to Camp Verde, AZ, which is two hours north of Mesa.


Kalia, Susie & Ty
Susie hand fed this giraffe.

Ty thought it was the coolest thing ever to feed a camel!



I never thought I would take a picture of my daughter petting a snake (an anaconda no less) -- or that I would be in the cage taking the picture (eek!).

Oooh, I hate snakes! They're just so creepy, crawling, slithery ... and yuck!

I am so glad we left town. We had a great time! I wonder where we'll go next year ...

6 comments:

Susan said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! I have never even heard of it! Kalia's face while petting the snake is awesome! =) Susan

The blogging Bakers said...

So cute, looks like fun. When are you guys heading out here again?

The blogging Bakers said...

So cute, looks like fun. When are you guys heading out here again?

colemanmartinezfamily said...

looks like you guys had a great time! where is that place?

LaDawn said...

I have lived in Arizona forever and visited about every place there is. I have never been to Out of Africa. It looks like a great place. We'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing it with us.

C and T Orvin said...

Glad to see that you guys had a fabulous time in Africa!!! The anaconda was too close to me just being in a picture!