Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vancouver, BC, Canada

Even though I was born in Seattle, Washington, I spent most of my childhood life in the outskirts of Ogden, Utah. I have several aunts, uncles, and countless cousins who reside all over Washington state. My late grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle and cousins also live outside of Portland, Oregon. Growing up our summer vacation would often take us to Oregon to visit my relatives and along our travels included passing along the Columbia river. I knew that on the east side of the river is Washington. I have always wanted to see what Seattle would look like as my parents moved me away when I was of one year of age, and since, I have never been back.


Upon arrival to Vancouver BC, Canada, I knew that this is what Seattle must feel like; cool crisp air (which I tolerated very well considering I'm always cold), beautiful evergreens, a duplicate of the Space Needle (just like the one in Seattle except with better views--I've been told), and the endless harbor.




















We visited Capilano Suspension Bridge. I have never seen anything like this. Capilano Suspension Bridge is breathtakingly suspended 450 feet across and 230 feet above Capilano River. But crossing the bridge wasn’t the only excitement. We crossed over to towering evergreens, cedar-scented rainforest air, serene trails - a series of suspended footbridges that offered a close encounter with the very heart of the rainforest and stunning views. Definately worth seeing!








From my hotel I would capture the airplanes take-off and land.

They would take tourists to Vancouver Island.







In a Vancouver tourism brochure, I came across this advertisement for "Belguim Fritz." Ever since Matt served his mission in France, he has never stopped talking about these European French Fries. I had to go check them out to see for myself if they would live up to all the hype he has talked about for so long...Let's just say...I won't respond!







Out front the Westin Hotel, we were waiting for our rental car!


I think I finally got a feel of Seattle in Vancouver!

No comments: