Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boston Highlights

Matt and I flew to Boston on Friday, June 22. When I was 11 years old, I had a 3-hour layover in Logan airport. Since that time, I have dreamed of returning to gain a full picture of Boston, and my dream finally came true!

We took the metro, which is something we never do back home.
We also took our friends along with us. Here we are in Arlington, Massachusetts (a suburb of Boston) sitting on the front porch of Aaron's great (x8) Grandpa's house. Aaron's relative was famous or something, so we took a tour of his house and Alisa found a receipt therein that had the last name of one of her ancestors on it. Could it be??? Aaron and Alisa cousins?! I don't know for sure, but whatever conclusion you draw, you didn't hear it from me.

I was thinking ... who cares if they're cousins? I mean, they look so happy, don't they? Let's just pretend the whole receipt problem didn't even exist. Then life could go back to normal. Well, as normal as it can get when you're married to your cousin. OK, enough poking fun. I'll just finish with this: you know they're not cousins because their kids are so cute!
Speaking of happy couples, here's the other one from our group. Don't they look like newly-weds? (Or maybe even fiances.)
Then there's us, and unfortunately, we don't much resemble newlyweds anymore. However, twelve years later and we're still just as happy as Day 1.
Enough mushiness. Onto the sights! We stopped by Harvard University, and I am sad to report that while the campus was quite enchanting, the surrounding area was somewhat of a dumping ground.
Did you ever see Schindler's List? Well, I did (forgive me of my sin). This monument was erected in commemoration of the Jews who lost their lives to Hitler. Even though this tribute is right in the middle of Boston, it still felt sacred. (Note: Matt's not trying to pat his head and rub his tummy at the same time, it was raining!)

Last, but certainly not least, we found the Boston temple.

And it was oh-so-beautiful!
We were hoping to run into our pal Mitt -- he lives just three minutes away. Notwithstanding, it was a fabulous trip!

3 comments:

mpal said...

Sorry, you didn't run into Mitt - but it looks like you had a fabulous trip!

Heather said...

Great Pictures. I love the cousin bit-pretty funny.

C and T Orvin said...

Love all of the pics! We had a blast! It was what got me thru the wonderful camping trip I had to go on with Casey's family!!! Thanks for the memories! You guys really are the best even though you don't look like newlyweds anymore! Heheheee:)
By the way...need some copies please