Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Calling in the Reinforcements

I love an organized house. Unfortunately organized is a term that rarely described my house before I hired a maid. I never thought I would have to pay for cleaning help, but when you combine the forces of three children, a dog, a messy husband (who, bless his heart, really does try to clean up after himself), and lots of company, I just couldn't keep up.

Thanks to my cleaning service, I have limited my chores to dishes, never-ending laundry (of course), and smaller tasks, like making the beds, picking up personal items (even ones that don't belong to me), and vacuuming.

The part I love the most about not having to clean so much, is that now I am free to spend more time with the people I love most -- my family. And we get to do it in a clean, organized house.