Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Catch all, no more

Last Spring, I set out to make a quilt for Kalia. A real quilt -- with the cutting, piecing, sewing, and quilting. I was so excited at the prospect of having all 48 of my blocks finally completed and ready to sew together.


That's when a friend pointed out to me that I had only made half of the blocks that I needed to complete the full size quilt. Aaaagh! However, I was still very determined to finish since I loved the quilt thus far.

Almost a year has passed and my blocks are almost all sewn (for real, this time). But now I have a new problem. Not all of my blocks are square. That means, in order to finish the quilt, I have a lot more unanticipated work ahead of me. That's when I called for help.

It seemed like my nightmare was just beginning. I laid my quilt out on the kitchen counter and told myself, "I will love this quilt when it's finished." My head started to hurt (this is a bad sign, seeing as I never get headaches), and every time I looked at the quilt, my head hurt worse.

Look at my kitchen. Not even my maid can help me out here. And I've decided that I can't live like this anymore!So I'm scrapping it. Goodbye forever you messy, headache-provoking, unfinished quilt!

(Aaahh ... feels better already.)